Tasty Tuesday

11:23 AM



Hey X'ers its Tasty Tuesday day and this week I made cookies!!! yummy! I was in the mood for some freshly baked homemade cookies, I went on Pintrest on the hunt for a new recipe to try hoping it turns out as I imagine it should. While surfing Pintrest I can upon this recipe for walnut chocolate chip cookies by Dina from simplyhomecooked.com.

Here is the recipe:

The recipe seemed simple enough to make and I had all the ingredients needed in my pantry. The first thing I did was print out the recipe, lay out all the ingredients out so i have it in front of me and not forget anything. Once all the ingredients were inquired I continued on measuring the ingredients and placing them in small bowls. 


Step 1: Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a separate bowl from my mixer bowl and set it aside.


The next step is to beat the soften butter and make sure the butter has been out of the fridge until is turns really soft so the blending process becomes easier as well it will help with the cookies final results. Then blend it with the sugar until the color turns light and it becomes a bit fluffy when fully combined. (sorry I couldn't photograph the rest of the process my camera ran out of charge)

Then add in the eggs and vanilla and blend well here is where you add the walnuts if you like but since I didn't have any I skipped this step. Once that is done start adding the dry ingredients in by using a 1/2 cup at a time making it easier to blend in here is where you have the choice of continue using the mixer or a wooden spoon to mix i the flour, I used a wooden spoon because I love to control the blending process at this point. Once the flour mixture is mixed in well add in your chocolate chips and make sure it is in every part of the dough so add in a little at a time and keep mixing until the chocolate chips are fully blend in.

Now it's time to scoop up the chocolate chip cookie dough into your pan that is lined with baking sheet.






As you can see the cookie dough has been scooped up into large cookie pieces filling up three trays making 17 cookies. Now this is the hard part you have to cover up the cookies and refrigerate for 24hrs yea a whole day!! but let me tell you they are worth the wait.







Here is the final results the cookies turned out great and everyone loved them they kept asking me for the recipe and saying i quote "The best cookies I have ever had!!" you they were that good so give it a try!!!

Hope you enjoyed my first ever Tasty Tuesday post!!! more to come so keep a look out!!

Check Back Soon....






Follow us by email that is available in the sidebar.  

Social Media:

Twitter: @YouXTrends

Tumblr: You-X-Trends

Pintrest: @YouXTrends

Facebook: @YouXTrends

Instagram: @YouXTrends

Follow us on our Social Media accounts by clicking on the icons on the bottom of the blog or above. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Tumblr

Subscribe